Harry Potter's MBA Musings
A blog to share my MBA experience from application days to graduation.


Friday, February 11, 2005  

Recruiting updates

I did few more final round interviews this week.So hopefully, my decision about where to go this summer would be made within a week or two. BTW, it feels very different once you have an offer.

I have been reflecting on how the recruiting process started when we arrived at the school. There have been quite a few lessons , during this process.

I recognize, networking can get you the interview invite but not the job offer. Seems obvious...But sometimes in our own style of networking we over do the passion for a firm. I realize that one needs to maintain the balance. Just like B-school application or dating, recruiting is about fit, and showing the right amount of interest.

My belief in maintaining long term focus, while networking has helped. No one likes to be asked for the job directly. Also, it is not essential to only speak to direct stake holders ( or recruiting team). The other people in the firm give neutral perspective, as well as can help your candidacy.

Anyways... let me get back to preparing for tommorow morning interview.



posted by Ravi Trivedi | 5:55 AM |
Here
Archives
Alumni of
MBA resources
Statistics


MBA Blogs I read