Harry Potter's MBA Musings
A blog to share my MBA experience from application days to graduation.


Friday, May 16, 2003  

My situation at work
One of the problems faced by the b-school applicants is whether to contact your current boss for recommendation. Well, AFAIK bschools really like current or ex-supervisor recommendation.

I am working for my manager since a long time and was bold enough to go and ask him for recommendation. My manager is a nice person. But once a manager knows you may not be there for long , they do change. Well, so far I have been holding my ground. Luckily there are no lay-offs in my organization here. I have heard stories of my friends and their collegues being layed off, on account of getting accepted in b-school, despite being a Star performer. This really scares me off

Few months back, I also made a functional change in my job. This was in alignment with my Post-MBA plans but my manager is now even more loosely linked in managing me.

Now, a lot Plan B depends on what K has to say. My plan B has many personal and work related decisions and its all waiting for Kellogg's decision. This has been a big cross road for me in my career and in my personal life. Each direction has a potential of completely changing my "destiny". Well, I am trying to not stress too much about it, and hoping I can control more of my destiny.

posted by Ravi Trivedi | 7:27 PM |
Here
Archives
Alumni of
MBA resources
Statistics


MBA Blogs I read