Harry Potter's MBA Musings
A blog to share my MBA experience from application days to graduation.


Saturday, May 17, 2003  

Plan for the weekend

Not much is planned for MBA related work. All I can do is wait :(.

I have scheduled a Michigan feedback appointment next week, so I will prepare a bit by looking at my application again. Then, I plan to use the feedback to find weekness in my application. So far, I havent been able to address weekness in my application, as I couldnt figure out. Besides, Kellogg decided to put me in the category of applicants with no major weekness i.e. I didnt have any hand written notes.

May be I am just an average applicant with few good achievements. No doubt MBA application experience is very humbling. Since I have been in the top 0.x% of my academic and work life, I felt that I had a great chance. Only later I realized the competition faced by an international applicant. I belong to one of the heavily represented groups.

When I called up Kellogg admissions about the weekness they said usually people dont have any specific weekness. And international waitlists are usually to manage diversity.

While on diversity, I remember when people ask do you have quotas for a country, the diplomatic answer is NO. But , we all know what it really means...

posted by Ravi Trivedi | 8:40 AM |
Here
Archives
Alumni of
MBA resources
Statistics


MBA Blogs I read