Harry Potter's MBA Musings
A blog to share my MBA experience from application days to graduation.


Saturday, May 17, 2003  

Re-applicant thoughts

I have been thinking along what should I change in my application to make myself a SURE admit. From the few people ( current students, alumni and ex ad com) whom I have asked feedback, some say the application is solid, whereas few say I need more polished application to get me in.

Yes, one of the weekness in my application is related to my essays. They are not as forceful as I would like them. Considering I started late in the application process my first three applications were hurried. If not for my excellent reviewers and critiques, I wouldn't have reached so far. I certainly hope to do well next time , if needed (hope I dont need to).

I also am planning to work more agressively towards my functional transition. In a sense this career transition is an intermediate step towards my ultimate career goal. It took me a lot of constant convincing to make my manager move me to this new opportunity. I also had to convince several levels higher than my boss. I believe my asking for recommendation also had the much needed affect.

I believe this new role is very crucial as I can test and feel for myself how I like this new area and how I will fare. So far my experiences in this area have been indirect and I do not want to be a victim of "grass is greener on the other side" syndrom.




posted by Ravi Trivedi | 8:47 AM |
Here
Archives
Alumni of
MBA resources
Statistics


MBA Blogs I read