Harry Potter's MBA Musings
A blog to share my MBA experience from application days to graduation.


Sunday, May 25, 2003  

Weekend updates

My interview went well.

I was asked to share my views about the services sector in India. The services sector is undergoing commoditization just like the FMCG sector. The profit margins are reducing and the companies no long can sell just because they are cheap. They need to move from Cost Plus model to Value creation model. Need to move up the value chain and rather than billing for cheap resources need to bill customer for the percieved value to the customer i.e you need to move up the value chain. Do more of business process consulting etc. Such transformations are already in place for leading services company Infosys and Wipro.
With players like Accenture, IBM Global services and Hewlett Packard actively entering this area, this has made Indian MNC's re-visit their strategies.

The Wedding
It was a gala function with lot of dance, music and food around. I thoroughly enjoyed the evening, after having done well in the morning interview.

Personally, I have never been a person who did a lot of contingency planning for personal or professional goals so far. Infact, my MBA application was a kinda "decently planned" activities , as per my levels.. Yes, there was an exception when I wrote Engineering enterance. This has been partially because I have had a fairly successful streak of career and personal life.

Well, the whole MBA excercise has made me realize the importance of Plan B . But, always their is some resistance in my mind, when I work towards Plan B. My mind says, hey you why are you being so negative, that K would work out for you.. It also brings out another related thought, if you think a lot negative about something it happens.... So I am kinda superstitous.

Well, what can I do besides praying for K :).

posted by Ravi Trivedi | 6:49 PM |
Here
Archives
Alumni of
MBA resources
Statistics


MBA Blogs I read