Harry Potter's MBA Musings
A blog to share my MBA experience from application days to graduation.


Monday, June 23, 2003  

My wharton feedback

I have constantly got these two comments from schools :
-Your Why MBA is done well.
-We understand why NOW ? and also find why our school good

The points of improvement mentioned were :

- I could improve upon the structure and presentation of the essays.
- Some of the essays had over shot the word limit.
- My teamwork and leadership essay ( essay no 2) was not deep and needed more reflection on my thoughts , than just describing the situation.


In the end they mentioned I need more seasoning for teamwork and leadership experiences. From what I understand, it means I need to articulate and write more powerful essays on leadership and teamwork

The session lasted for 10 mins only. The comment on improving the presentation of the essays, was expected. Wharton was my second application, and as a result my essays had not reached a polished stage.

They mentioned my GMAT was ok (I have 700+, 5 years w/e). My community experiences were average.

They also told the latest numbers about admits before starting the session... ( I keep wondering what does it mean in my case. Is my w/e less or is my GMAT less ?)
Well I was told :
Avg GMAT this year : 715
Avg Work exp : 6 years.


posted by Ravi Trivedi | 4:43 PM |
Here
Archives
Alumni of
MBA resources
Statistics


MBA Blogs I read