Harry Potter's MBA Musings
A blog to share my MBA experience from application days to graduation.


Wednesday, February 04, 2004  

Duke Reception

Duke's Dean Douglas Breeden visited Bangalore and hosted a alumni reception. They extended the invitations to admits and prospective students. I dont know if they pre-selected the students for invitation.

It was a small gathering, with around 25 people. It provided a good chance to speak with Dean, the alum and other members of Duke community. Some of the alums were very passionate about the Duke culture. I also had chance to chat with fellow applicants ( Round 2 and 3). One applicant who was already in at Kellogg, had a nice discussion around Kellogg Vs Duke.

Due to the small gathering, the discussions were more personalized and I liked that. I have been to other receptions in Mumbai, but they were large gatherings. All in all , a good experience. I also met the alumni who interviews in Southern India. While I am waiting for admission office to assign a interview (recommended for all) , it was nice to meet the alum before hand.


If I think deeply, I like all those schools who have interviews for all applicants. I feel my writing skills aren't the greatest, and my friends also mention, that my passion and energy does not come through in my writing.

posted by Ravi Trivedi | 8:19 PM |
Here
Archives
Alumni of
MBA resources
Statistics


MBA Blogs I read