Harry Potter's MBA Musings
A blog to share my MBA experience from application days to graduation.


Sunday, February 22, 2004  

Wharton application

Recently I had a chat with another R3 applicant. Since this was his first application, I spend little time brainstorming with him, what his essays could look like. During the process, I also thought about my essays and gave examples from that. Certain new thoughts about my positioning came up. This also set the ball rolling for Wharton application.

Some of the feedback from a friend (headed to INSEAD), who reviewed my essays this year was :
- The essays didnt convey the "energy flow" and enthusiasist person I am. They needed more punch.

I realize one of the crucial things for Wharton, is how the essays are written, more than any other school. For example, MIT Sloan mentions that writing ability is not among the 11 competencies they evaluate the application on. Well, I have a long way to go for Wharton essays

posted by Ravi Trivedi | 6:39 PM |
Here
Archives
Alumni of
MBA resources
Statistics


MBA Blogs I read