Harry Potter's MBA Musings
A blog to share my MBA experience from application days to graduation.


Tuesday, May 11, 2004  

Kellogg Feedback

I just finished my Kellogg feedback session. I am glad, that I could get a feedback on an application where I spent a lot of time and energy. This gives me an idea of where to focus on while interviewing this fall for internship.

As expected , I was told it was a tough year, and I come from a very competitive pool. The decision was tough for them, and they hoped that I didnt feel I had got nothing out of the feedback session.

The key points that came out in the feedback were:


a) A Lot of progress/improvement since re-application. Good contribution to my company. [above par]
b) Very clear Why MBA, Why Kellogg. [ above par]
c) The academics and GMAT were [on par, but not stellar)
d) There were good extra curicullar activities, several of them , but the depth of involvement not clear. [par to little below par]
e)There are lot of success points mentioned , but the leadership experiences needs more explaining. Same for Team work [ at par to little below par]


That was it... . Well, the feedback was in informal tone like last year and the ad com was frank and friendly. However, as expected, I couldn't get more information on the Interview feedback this year as compared to last years. ( May be I will write to the kellogg interviewer for his feedback)

I guess, there was still room for improvement in my essays. So folks out there applying to Class of 2007, focus on your essays, this has been my learning since last 2 years.

posted by Ravi Trivedi | 8:25 PM |
Here
Archives
Alumni of
MBA resources
Statistics


MBA Blogs I read