Harry Potter's MBA Musings
A blog to share my MBA experience from application days to graduation.


Thursday, May 27, 2004  

More on F1 Visa process
I read Luvshack's experience of getting a F1 visa (in India). I am glad you managed despite so many hurdles.

From my experience, it helps to
- Be thorough. Understand the process from FAQ's on Consulate page.
- Provide as much information as possible. Dont hide information.
- Be frank and honest.
- Be confident.

I did not use any visa consultant, though used some advice from f1visa2usa yahoo group. The files section of the yahoo group contains a good set of FAQ's and sample formats for affidavit. I have posted another detailed post on this earlier.

If you have any other questions, feel free to drop me a line.

ps: And yes, my passport arrived yesterday with the stamp. They gave a 5 year F1 visa... enough for a PhD I guess :)

posted by Ravi Trivedi | 3:30 PM |
Here
Archives
Alumni of
MBA resources
Statistics


MBA Blogs I read