Harry Potter's MBA Musings
A blog to share my MBA experience from application days to graduation.


Monday, May 10, 2004  

Visa updates
On the Visa front, I am making slow and steady progress. Couple of you have asked for my experience/insight on F-1 visa. Here are few of them :

a) Read the information about Non-immigrant visas on the US consulate website carefully. Understand what is the primary purpose of the interview etc.

b) I also posted a good detailed post by Hitesh about Visas on this blog. Be confident and prepared with how you plan to fund, and REPAY your loans. [Minimize "US loans" as much as possible.]

c)I prefer preparing my documents myself. This helps me being thorough with all the nuances.
Only in exceptional cases, where I need advice, I would speak to a Visa consultant. There are couple of yahoo groups on F1 visa for example f1visa2usa.

posted by Ravi Trivedi | 3:05 PM |
Here
Archives
Alumni of
MBA resources
Statistics


MBA Blogs I read