Harry Potter's MBA Musings
A blog to share my MBA experience from application days to graduation.


Monday, June 14, 2004  

Of housing, air ticket and shifting

Last few days have been spent on finalizing the housing in Durham. I am looking for a 2 bed/2 bath apartment and have finalized on my future apartment mate. Within this week, we should be able to book a nice community .

I have taken quotes from few Air Travel agents.. and the tickets vary from Rs 32,000 ( $711) to Rs 36,000 ($800). I have close to 60k miles FF miles on United Airlines and so my decison to buy which tickets will depend on that as well. With 80k miles, I get a round trip to India free.

And all this while, I have been able to sell all of my items on sale. Now, what remains is my big collection of books, packed in 4-5 boxes and clothes. I have decided, unlike earlier days, that it is better to donate my technical books, which I wouldnt be reading in foreseable future.

I also have a set of Management books, since I have spent time doing couple of courses part time, in last one year. Should be couriering them to US straight or carry it along with me.

Am happy, that I have only 9 more working days left. 25th June is my last day, and 30th June is last day in Bangalore. After that I have a hectic India tour from 3-16th July. Plan to be in Durham by July 31st.

posted by Ravi Trivedi | 8:13 PM |
Here
Archives
Alumni of
MBA resources
Statistics


MBA Blogs I read